Fayetteville Football Game Shot: 2 shots at the 71st Fayetteville High School after a football game on Raeford Road



FAYETTEVILLE, NC (WTVD) – The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a shooting at the Seventy-first High School on Friday night.

It happened just before 10 p.m. at 6830 Raeford Road. The shots erupted right after the football game.

Preliminary investigation revealed that a 19 and 18-year-old was shot and taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Sheriff Ennis Wright said the sheriff’s office towed a red Ford Focus with a bullet hole in the front passenger door from the seventy-first college parking lot.

Cumberland County Schools Superintendent Dr. Marvin Connelly, Jr. said there would be additional security at the Seventy-first Zone schools on Monday morning as a precaution.

Across the district, we go to great lengths to ensure the safety of our students and staff. We have school specific safety plans in place, we review safety procedures with students and staff, and we work with local law enforcement to maintain a safe learning environment, ” Dr Connelly said in a statement. continue to be vigilant about campus safety and invite families to help us by encouraging their students to tell an adult if they see anything wrong. “

Students can use the Say Something Anonymous reporting system to submit advice to school officials and possibly law enforcement. The hotline number is 1-844-572-9669.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Detective J. Upchurch at (910) 677-5539 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Information about Crimestoppers can also be submitted electronically by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet, or by downloading the FREE “P3 Tips” app available for Apple devices at Apple’s App Store and available for Android devices. in Google Play.

A shooting also took place on Friday night in the parking lot of a County Durham stadium, police said. Northern Durham was playing Riverside at Durham County Memorial Stadium. Officers responded and found a person with a gunshot wound to his leg. The injury did not appear to be life threatening, but the victim was taken to Duke Regional.

A similar scene unfolded during a high school football game in Indianapolis on Friday night. Gunfire outside the stadium sent players and coaches rushing to the locker room in the middle of the game. All of this was captured on broadcast footage obtained by ABC News.

After a player has been tackled, at least six gunshots can be heard during the broadcast, forcing players, coaches and fans to immediately start running.

“Unfortunately, it was gunfire,” said one of the advertisers, who called the game for ISC Sports Network.

The game involved Carmel High School and Ben Davis High School. Ben Davis was the host.

In a press release on Saturday morning, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police said one person, a young man, was shot and taken to a local hospital in stable condition. Officers arrested several people suspected of being involved in the incident before arresting one, an 18-year-old man, for aggravated assault and battery.
See the latest news? Talk to us here.

Copyright © 2021 WTVD-TV. All rights reserved.



About Author

Comments are closed.