Get ready for the game as the Hokies host the Fighting Irish on Saturday night
Fresh out of its open week and sporting a 3-1 record, the Virginia Tech football team hosts 14th-ranked Notre Dame in Blacksburg for a non-conference matchup this Saturday, October 9. Kick off for this unmissable game is scheduled for 7:30 a.m. ET under the lights of Lane Stadium.
Saturday’s contest will air on ACC Network. Full details on how to watch, listen and follow the game can be found here.
Here are five things to know ahead of Saturday’s game between the Hokies and the Fighting Irish:
1. The game is already sold out, but fans can still get tickets. Virginia Tech’s athletics department announced that Saturday’s game was sold out on Wednesday, September 29. Fans who still need tickets should head to StubHub, the official secondary market for Hokies tickets. All tickets purchased through StubHub are 100% verified, which means that if fans have any issues with their tickets, the Virginia Tech ticket office will be able to provide full customer support.
2. This is the second Stripe Lane Game, so dress accordingly. Hokie Nation never disappoints when an effects game is scheduled for Lane Stadium. This Saturday, fans in attendance are encouraged to wear brown or orange depending on their seat location to help create a striped effect in the outside bowl. All students with tickets are encouraged to wear orange. Fans can find their matching color by entering their seat location here.
3. Download mobile tickets BEFORE arriving at Lane Stadium. Guarantee the smoothest entry to Lane Stadium by downloading mobile tickets in advance. Having the HokieSports app on a mobile device and being able to view tickets is not the same as having downloaded tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay. The HokieSports app requires the internet to access a ticketing account, but once tickets have been downloaded from the app to Apple Wallet or Google Pay, they reside on that device. No internet connection is required to access mobile tickets once they are downloaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
For fans needing last-minute assistance downloading their mobile tickets, free Wi-Fi will be available at Hokie Village and at all gates (except Gate 8). Fans should look for a network called HokiesTicketsFREE to access their ticket account on their mobile device.
To visit HokieSports.com/MobileTickets for more details, including step-by-step instructions and FAQs.
4. There will be plenty of pre-match activities leading up to kick-off. Hokie Village will open at 4 p.m. this Saturday afternoon. Interactive activities include tailgate games and an inflatable slide, as well as food trucks and live music performed by the Jared Stout Band. The Tech softball team will also be on hand to sign autographs.
In addition to Hokie Village, fans can stop by the ACC Tailgate Tour outside Cassell Coliseum on Beamer Way and pose for photos with an oversized football championship trophy, play grass games like the QB football throwing and more.
5. Special guests will be present. During the first quarter of Saturday’s game, Tech’s wrestling team will be recognized in honor of their 2021 ACC Regular Season Championship. The Hokies finished only the seventh undefeated season in the school history, while the 2021 season also proved to be the longest unbeaten season in school history at 9-0, one win more than the 8-0 season of 1954-55 . Tech won seven of 10 games to claim the program’s fourth ACC Dual Meet title and eighth ACC championship overall.